Author Topic: Early 750 Abarth  (Read 3183 times)

Offline jackr

• 1000 cc
Early 750 Abarth
« on: January 17, 2005, 03:02:16 pm »
Is it true that the 1st series of 750 Abarths had no badges or any other identifing marks? Does anyone know how one of these cars could be identified?

Thanks
Jack

Offline Alex van de Wetering

• 1800 cc
Abarth 750
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 05:56:20 pm »
Jack,

I think you are talking about the Fiat Derivazione Abarth 750?

I doubt that these cars ever left the Abarth factory without any badges.
All the pictures I have seen of Abarth 750's show differences with the ordinary Fiat 600. You can recognize them by the badges (front grill), wheels, engine and some of them also had paint striping on the sides or front bonnet in a different colour than the rest of the body. I recon these factory-750's also have a data-plate fitted in the engine compartment near the Fiat data plate.

Than again you were also able to buy Abarth-kits in those days. These kits consisted of the same parts as the ones fitted in the factory, but these cars lack the data plate.

I am not sure if the engine blocks were also numbered by Abarth???

It's hard to recognize an original Abarth from an ordinary fiat 600. Features were: different air filter, carburettor, camshaft, crankshaft, pistons, air-duct for radiator, exhaust, Fergat wheels or hub-caps and an Abarth front grill.

I hope this helps,

Alex van de Wetering

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
750 abarth
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 08:33:22 pm »
The abarth plate of this car where on the exhaust shield ,not on the wall and some time after there was a ABA no  nex to it. All the cars where orderd and make like the clients order with normale our special dashbord etc   The very first had the RPM meter (small)left to original KM counter :idea:  :idea:  :idea:
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline jackr

• 1000 cc
Thanks for the replies ...
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 08:05:03 pm »
My car has a 'Fiat 750' Badge on the back lid but no Abarth markings.  :?:  :?:

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 10:03:57 pm »
I find this no problem;lots of abarth have no numbers on ,lots of remake have them on    guy :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Digital2