Author Topic: 59 fiat abarth 750 emblems/scripts  (Read 2144 times)

Offline jboyce

• 695 cc
59 fiat abarth 750 emblems/scripts
« on: October 02, 2008, 02:47:53 am »
    Hello,  we're looking for some fiat abarth 750 scripts for the fiat 600 sedan ?? I know there isn't much out there, but we thought we'd give it a try..  Fender scripts, dash script and emblem, 90 mph. speedo dash, Tachometer (Yeah right)  lol  I believe we can get the large front abarth badge and whiskers from a supplier..  Are the wheel fairly scarce, too ??  Thanx,  Marilyn & Jim >> Oregon <<

Offline zippyfiat

• 2000 cc
Re: 59 fiat abarth 750 emblems/scripts
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 05:31:37 pm »
Berni Motori has a really good selection of things and a couple of fantastic color catalogues.  Haven't seen him here in a while, but J.S. would be a good person to ask.  I know he has scoured the universe looking for things like the correct emblems.  If the wheels you mean are the original Campagnolos, they are very scarce (and probably very expensive), if not impossible to locate.  PBS has replica ones and also Middle Barton Garage has replica ones.  Don't forget to inquire with Guy, as he has many parts.  And then there's good 'ol evilbay, but there isn't a lot of good stuff there now (plus there's all of ebay's crap you have to deal with).  There seems to be more available on ebay Italy these days than anywhere else.

And what you will be able to find will depend on how period-correct you want the parts to be.  I think someone out there has the small Abarth add-on style tach. that goes to the left of the stock intrument housing.  I sold J.S. a 90mph speedo 2+ years ago.  (Very hard to find I believe.)

It sounds like you are talking about an early Abarth?  Not only are various parts hard to find, information is also hard to find as the early cars aren't well documented.  J.S. recently created this site which might be of interest to you:  http://home.earthlink.net/~abarth750/

Gil

Offline jboyce

• 695 cc
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 10:11:50 pm »
  Gil,  Thanks for all the great tips !!  We'll look into all of them..  I knew this would be a door slamming experience from the get go..  Period correct would be nice, but we'll be happy w/ a close replica at this point..  Something done nice to keep the abarth fever alive and well..  Thanx, Jim & Marilyn
PS.. Where can I find that tachometer ??  Thanx..

Offline zippyfiat

• 2000 cc
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 03:04:02 am »
Hi Jim, I just looked at Berni Motori's catalogues and they list various instruments and housings but there's no photos to go with the cat. numbers.  I can't tell from the description exactly what he's got.  I'd suggest asking Judge Parker (Google "Judge Parker Racing") as he is the US agent for BM.  I suspect the original tachs were mechanical drive like the later ones.  These were rather prone to breakage.  I'd suggest going with a conversion to electronic if you can find one, or you'd possibly have to get one converted.

I'd also suggest trying to collect every book you can find on Abarths and study all of the photos carefully.

Gil

Digital2