Author Topic: How do I fit electronic ignition fitting to my 600D  (Read 2461 times)

Offline kammtail

• 1300 cc
How do I fit electronic ignition fitting to my 600D
« on: February 13, 2008, 02:26:21 pm »
Hello,
I have obtained the Electronic ignition from a A112 Abarth ( coil and Distributor) which I would like to fit to my Fiat 600D. The lead from the Distributor  connects to the base unit the coil is fitted to.
 What wires go where ? also do I need any other parts ?.
My engine is a A112-12 Abarth engine and I am going to use a alternator if that is of any help.

Thanking you for any help.

Kind Regards

Greg

Offline ChrisD

• 2000 cc
Re: How do I fit electronic ignition fitting to my 600D
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 07:55:00 am »
Hello Greg,

I have that fitting in my car. You need nothing else than what you have. The coil should be mounted on an aloy cooler and between the coil and cooler is the chip where the wires go to. The wire coming from the distributor should have a socket to connect to the chip. It only has 2 connections so it is easy to plug. Besides that you only connect the base sparkcable from the coil to distributor and you are done.
I also have an alternator, althought it makes no diference in my opinion if you have dynamo or alternator.

Hope I helped

Chris
Fiat 600 Abarth

Offline kammtail

• 1300 cc
Re: How do I fit electronic ignition fitting to my 600D
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 10:08:39 pm »
Hello Chris,

Thanks for the information but I am still abite baffled ! .If I connect the two original wires which went to the coil to the back of the base unit do I not need these to go on the coil also ? .Sorry Chris electrics I just dont understand.

Thanks Greg

Digital2