Author Topic: Abarth engines that will fit 850 berlina help  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Amonra

• 1000 cc
Abarth engines that will fit 850 berlina help
« on: November 17, 2007, 10:00:11 pm »
Hi everyone,
I am new here and not very knowledgeable in Abarths.
I have a 1971 Fiat 850 special berlina  which i would like to use for classic car racing so i thought that transforming it into an Abarth replica with an Abarth engine would be the best. Ideally i would want it to be historically correct however i am not sure which Abarth engines will fit in the 850 berlina and gearbox but Ideally the most powerful one possible as it would be competing with very fast cars.

I have done some looking and it seems that the most powerful 850 based Abarth was the OT 1600 and OT 2000. however i cannot find much information on the cars let alone an engines itself.

The next most powerful engine i believe is the Abarth OT 1300/124 but i have only seen them based on the 850 coupe' and not berlina. Would the engine fit and would it be historically correct ?

The next one i believe would be the Abarth OT 1000 which seems to be more available and was in fact an 850 berlina. But this engine is the least powerful. can it be further tuned to achieve around 150 HP ?

I think i have also seen some with an A112 engine but this is the least powerful and least historically correct ? possible to tune to add power ?

Any help with choosing the right engine and parts required to fit it would be greatly appreciated.
Also i am interested in buying any compatible engines and required fitting parts.

Thanks for your help

Mike

Offline Pantdino

• 2000 cc
Re: Abarth engines that will fit 850 berlina help
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 07:55:31 pm »
Hi, Mike,

I noticed this video on youtube of someone racing a 1000 OT berlina in the Coppa Mille:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt_83_Z5tJk

If the guy who posted it is not the owner of the car you could email Herr Kleber at

AbarthCoppaMille@aol.com

and get his email address from him.

I'm sure her would be a great source of information.

Jim

Digital2