Author Topic: wiring diagram  (Read 3395 times)

Offline red snapper

• 1300 cc
wiring diagram
« on: March 21, 2007, 04:44:16 pm »
Hello, I have a 1956 Fiat 600. Im looking for a wiring diagram. Where would I find one? My problem relates to the steering column wires basically, but For future reference the whole diagram would be usefull in the future.Thanks, Brian.

Offline Paul vander Heyden

• 2000 cc
    • Scuderia Topolino
Re: wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 02:21:35 am »
Hello Red Snapper,

I will  check in the Factory Shop Manual, but I think that there are several wiring diagrams there that cover specific years.  They are not the best, but it is a start.  I will post here again to tell you what I found.

Regards,

Paul Vanderheijden
www.scuderiatopolino.com

Offline viotti600

• 2000 cc
Re: wiring diagram
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 10:08:10 am »
Hello, I have a 1956 Fiat 600. Im looking for a wiring diagram. Where would I find one? My problem relates to the steering column wires basically, but For future reference the whole diagram would be usefull in the future.Thanks, Brian.

I found the original "Fiat 600 Owners Manual" to be best for this purpose, as it has the wiring diagram for the car in it. The manuals (& diagrams) were occasionally changed year-to-year, so you want to make sure you get the manual for the year specific to your car (1956). The year is stated on the back of the book near the bottom, in very small print. These books can often be found on eBay using a search for "Fiat 600". Be patient, & one will eventually come up for sale!

Note that some 1956 models may not have had the turn signal switch assembly on the steering column.  Or on some cars the switch unit that is installed on the column is a unique type, similar to those used on (some) Fiat 1100/1200 Cabriolets. This switch unit is not like the one Fiat used on the later models, so wiring may be different in that area. But if you at least have the wiring diagram, you can follow it closely enough to see what you need. ;)

Cheers,
 -JS.
Jeff Stich
Norco, CA, USA

Digital2