abarth cars - community > fiat abarth OT 850 -> 2000

Baggage carrier for OTSS and OTR

(1/4) > >>

grt:
Does anyone have a picture(s) of the baggage carrier that replaces the rear seat in the OTSS and OTR?  Thanks Graeme

guy moerenhout:
something new for me???

cormonov:
Hello, I have been revising my available Abarth literature and I have not been able to find no reference about this characteristic, at present I possess an OTR (Omologato Turismo Radiale) 1965 in restoration process  (ex racecar) and I´m not remembrance  this characteristic in the OTR. 

About the OTSS ( Omologato Turismo Sprint Speciale) I don´t have info. Boths cars are very simmilars with front radiator, Abarth grille , oil radiator in front, etc. 

It is able someone to comment me upon the differences among the OTR and the OTS and the OTSS ?? Only the Radiale  head ??

grt:
Hi there.

The OT did not have a front radiator and about 54 hp.  The OTS had a front radiator and relatively standard 982 cc engine and about 64 hp.  The OTR was then introduced with the Radiale head and in stradale form about 74hp.  The FIA homoligation papers refer to a plastic luggage fitting that replaced the rear seat.  The homologation papers also refer to Girling disk brakes both for the front and the rear, and five speed gearbox.  The copy of the papers I have has a very poor picture of the luggage fitting and I cannot see what it looks like.

It seems the OTSS was introduced after the Sports Car Club of America refused to let the OTR compete in its races.  The OTSS was basically the OTR with a standard head with high compression (12,5 or 13 to 1) and it too had the five speed gearbox and plastic luggage fitting in lieu of the rear seat.  (See also Cosentino's Abarth Guide).  The engine in the OTSS was similar in specification to the Fiat Abarth 1000 TC racing car based on the Fiat 600.

Cheers, Graeme

naegeli:
hello,

interesting ... i  have  seen all that info about five speed for the OTR...for the OTSS it mentions these parts as option; do you think that counts for the OTR ?

peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version