Author Topic: Here`s my project, show me yours!  (Read 13306 times)

Offline hermanzini

• 1300 cc
  • Member of Sportsvognslosjen and Scuderia Lazzaroni
    • Hermanzini`s tirekickerpage!
Here`s my project, show me yours!
« on: October 22, 2005, 03:04:12 pm »
[nofollow]

I am currently collecting parts for my 600, the idea is to make it in to a trackday screamer!
So far i have collected:
Fiberglass rear fenders and front (1970 tcr type).
Instrument panel tcr type.
Jaeger abarth rev counter.
A112 abart engines 2 complete and one extra block.
Sport exhaust tcr type megaphone.
Disk brake kit for the front.
6x13 cromodora wheels.
Weber 40 dcoe x2

So you see I have a long way to go but its a start!
Please post pictures and ino on your cars/projects so I can get some more inspiration and tips along the way

Preview - (No subject)
scuderia lazzaroni

Offline zippyfiat

• 2000 cc
Re: Here`s my project, show me yours!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 06:50:07 pm »
Hi.  Sounds like you are planning to do a really nice job!  What other special Abarth things are you going to do?  Are you going to use coil springs in front, for example?  Are you going to make the engine look authentic to the model/year Abarth you want to copy?  Are you going to use a cogged belt drive for water pump and alternator?

I am building a hot  A112 engine for my 850TC nurburgring replica, but I am using a 903cc block so it will look closer to the original motor.  I have an original Abarth remote oil filter to go with it.  I have heard some people say that the dual DCOE carbs have a flat spot between 2,000 - 5,000rpm.  That might be partly because of the manifold type though?  I just sold my dual DCOE Alquati one, and have a PBS one with a shorter intake runner.  I want to use 2xDCOE too, but have a DCD also just in case.  My engine won't quite be "period correct", but it will a LOT of fun to drive on the street!

Gil

Offline harmitc

• 1300 cc
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 09:50:59 pm »
Heres a few pic's of mine. Took about 18 months many parts fabricated. Runs 2 DCOE's very good torque and power without any flat spots, it produces 98hp at 7000rpm on the dyno' did not rev any harder as still running it all in!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 09:54:21 pm by harmitc »

Offline harmitc

• 1300 cc
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 09:55:34 pm »
A few more pictures.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 09:57:36 pm by harmitc »

Offline harmitc

• 1300 cc
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 10:04:18 pm »
Gearbox is a 5 speed dogbox that was produced specifically for the car, it fits within the standard 4 speed case. Pic's attached are during initial development assembly, its now running different selector forks and rods.

Output flanges were produced to allow the use of different rear axles using Lobro style inner CV's with Fiat 850 Sport outer drive couplings.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 10:06:03 pm by harmitc »

Offline hermanzini

• 1300 cc
  • Member of Sportsvognslosjen and Scuderia Lazzaroni
    • Hermanzini`s tirekickerpage!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 10:39:03 pm »
Very nice, guys!
Keep sending info and pictures!
The look i am going for is something like this:
[nofollow]
The look is going to be the last evolution of the abarth 1000 tcr 1970 mod.

I am going to change to coilover suspension, disk brakes at the rear, rollcage and so on. As for the engine i am going for the pbs 8 port head,  but i will consentrate on the suspension first and get that sorted out.

Harmitch! That is one sweet machine! WOW!!!!!!
Has that car seen some track time yet? Please send some pictures of the car in action on track.:-)

scuderia lazzaroni

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 10:14:03 am »
very nice gearbox se .If it for sale please take contact .The advantage is that is fits in a 4 speed housing .Colotti had that also long time ago but price!!!!!!!!!PS  also the car is nice
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline harmitc

• 1300 cc
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 01:13:09 pm »
hermanzini

The car so far has only road and dyno' miles, I took it to the Silver Flag, but unfortunately it broke a driveshaft coupling. On its return I stripped the engine and transmission to check for wear/problems, none found but took the opportunity to change the can to full roller bearing operation and make some modifications to the gearbox detents. I'm now building a second box with longer ratio's suitable for circuit use. The first box is very short making it suitable for hill climbing.

If you use a PBS head, I'd be happy to help re: set up and carb' jetting, The basic head is good, but I ported it further and re-made the valves, valve spring retainers and collets. Also to get the correct rocker arm postion due the base circle of the cam it may be necessary to shim the rocker posts.

On my head it was necessary to mod' the inlet modifold water feed, as supplied it would have leaked from the head to manifold interface if it was used as is. If you do use the head I'd be happy to forward details so you can check.

guy moerenhout

I never realy made the gearbox with the intention of selling it, I only produced it because when I built the car there were no 5 speeds in stock with the Italian companies that produce these conversions. Its now become a real passion to develop it further into a reliable and competitive part. I've dyno'ed the 1st box to check to see what power losse occurs and I'm now building a 2nd one with further mods and DLC coating to see if I've got an improvement. I'll post pictures when its complete.

The picture is of the valves I produced for the PBS head, and the car at the 2005 Silver Flag.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 10:35:47 am by webchef »

Offline Mr.LEADFOOT

• 1000 cc
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 03:14:08 am »
 wow, very nice. I love the gas tank, and the attention to detail is incredible. I hope to build a replica next year. Trying to find a nice 600 body in the US. 
Very nice, guys!
Keep sending info and pictures!
The look i am going for is something like this:
newbielink:http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=getusasderimage9fk.jpg [nonactive]
The look is going to be the last evolution of the abarth 1000 tcr 1970 mod.

I am going to change to coilover suspension, disk brakes at the rear, rollcage and so on. As for the engine i am going for the pbs 8 port head,  but i will consentrate on the suspension first and get that sorted out.

Harmitch! That is one sweet machine! WOW!!!!!!
Has that car seen some track time yet? Please send some pictures of the car in action on track.:-)

Hey, I have that Tamiya Abarth 1000TCR model too! Fully built but shes a shelf queen!

Hey, I have that Tamiya Abarth 1000TCR model too! Fully built but shes a shelf queen!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 03:17:30 am by Mr.LEADFOOT »
60 500 - US Model

Offline naegeli

• 2000 cc
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 01:52:21 pm »
hello.

harmi TC where are you located ?far away from switzerland ?

best regards

peter  (850 TC Nürburgring in need of improvement)

Offline harmitc

• 1300 cc
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 07:31:28 pm »
Peter,

I'm in the UK

Harmitc

Offline super five

• 1000 cc
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 12:39:58 am »
Hello Harmitc,

How did you prepare body before painting? How did you peal off protective layer from the car?

Regards,

Dragan

Offline biketesting

• 1800 cc
  • Steamboat Colorado 1992
    • Biketesting
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 05:10:22 am »
Did you make the crank and rods? I love that transmission. Very nice.
What can I test for you?

Offline Paul vander Heyden

• 2000 cc
    • Scuderia Topolino
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 05:47:15 am »
Hello all,

If any one needs a good starting point for jetting dual 40DCOE Weber carburetors for a PBS head, here are some good numbers.

Main fuel 125   
Main air 170
Emulsion Tube F11
Idle  50 F8
Accelerator Pump 40
Venturi  (choke) 30 mm

Scuderia Topolino has taken over production of the PBS head and a new production run is now under way.  Please check our website under "Specials" for the SPRINGTIME SPECIAL on these heads.  We have made some changes and some improvements as well.

I anyone has any questions, please post here or send me an email    paul@scuderiatopolino.com

Regards,

Paul Vanderheijden

Digital2