Author Topic: rally engine parts  (Read 4533 times)

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
rally engine parts
« on: September 04, 2005, 01:51:46 pm »
ok , when i wish to build up a 1700 (niva engine) up to a strong regularity engine in a 2103 what can you prepose my on this moment
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline ivars

• 1000 cc
Re: rally engine parts
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 03:59:35 pm »
I think for 2103 dont need conversation for 1700 niva engine,because old original 1500 engines is best quality than latest lada production aprox three times!
In our area every serious engine tuner looking  for older engine units for tune.
For good 2103 engine You need make racing head from original-instal bigger walves,ported,polished with bronze walve guides,race springs,titanium retainersadjustable camgear of course-good one camshaft,forged pistons,modifide chain tension mechanism ,done well balancing,slightly lightened flywheel with stronger clutch,exaust manifold,inlet with 45 mm webers,electronic ignition-and You have very good engine.
Conect it with four speed close ratio gearbox& plate type lsd with 4,7 final drive and You have long life rally gun!

Offline Fleszer

• 1000 cc
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 03:37:04 pm »
Hello to all - coz this is my first time on tis forum.

I have question to you - who can tell sth more about sport camshaft to classic lada comes from Russia?
I have camshaft, and only what I know is that asymetrical, and have probably over 300 deg. The number on cam is 6 or 9 if we turn around it (up-side down).
Some sugestions?
Pictures avalaible here :
newbielink:http://student.wsp.krakow.pl/~fleszer/estoniacam/ [nonactive]
Regards
Fleszer

Offline ivars

• 1000 cc
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 09:46:21 pm »
Hello!
It looks like original VFTS factory cam made in 80ies and in that time absolutly top gun.For right degrees check measures with timing wheel or also possible take contact with main VFTS engine maker -they still made engines -Zbignev Kivert in Vilnius ,Lithuania.

Offline Fleszer

• 1000 cc
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 01:03:59 pm »
Hi.
Ivars, do you have some contact to this person? email or so?
Previous owner of this cam, tell that comes from Formula Estonia 21 - 1300 engine.

Digital2