www.abarth-gmr.be (website & forum-info) > welcome @ the abarth-gmr-forum

Hello from Dublin and 131 2P Volumetrico

(1/2) > >>

irisheyes:
Hello all,

Just signed up to the Abarth site.

I used to own two 2 x Fiat 131 racings (Sport’s) when there were on sale in Dublin in the early ’80s.

Obviously moved on since then but considering the purchase of an older classic car, Fiat 131 Sport included.
In Ireland and the UK they were obviously RHD so not that many of them come up for sale that wouldn’t be ravaged by the weather over time.

Regarding the very  limited Fiat 131 Racing Volumetricos, I’ wondering what a realistic price for such a car would be now? I know it’ll be down to what someone wants to pay, but any indications what the last two door 131 volumetrico may have sold for?

Regards from Dublin

Yves:
Hello IE,

A good price for a Racing Volumetrico...

Well: that is a good question!  The first thing to worry about is finding one...

There is one at the museum, which could be for sale if you push hard enough.  But as selling it would break up the line up you will have to push hard.

I have seen one for sale in France a while ago for 20.000 euro, but that was build up as a Gr2...

With good Racings/Sports going over 10.000 euro now, be prepared to pay a premium of at least 30 % to obtain a Volumetrico would be my suggestion.  But I have been accused of underestimating prices before, last time by Albert when I said I would like to have a good Racing for 5.000 euro :-)

There are some "ordinary" Racings for sale on this site.  Wouldn't that be easier then searching for a Volumetrico?

Have a nice day

Yves

irisheyes:
Hi Yves,

Appreciate the reply. Yes, I think you might be underestimating. :-) I literally pinged Albert a short time ago (via the 131 site) regarding realistic pricing. You have an account on there as well? Assume Albert is on here also?

The prices for Racings are starting to get high at this stage and I believe a lot of them will have issues even ones with high asking. Maybe falsely, I was assuming the additional cost of a Volumetrico might be worth it as its value might go up quicker than a standard racing in the medium term.

I also did see an orange racing on this site for sale. Looked OK but the sunroof was a turn off.

Thanks again,

Rich :-)

Yves:
Hi Rich,

The orange Racing needs a respray, at which time the roof can be changed :-)  It will be done one day, either in house or by the eventual buyer.

The silver WR was an orange one as well, that has to go back to orange one day, or enjoy it as it is.

One asks a lot for Volumetrico's, but you hardly see them being sold.

Like the 4-door Volumetrico on ebay-uk lately, that didn't go as high as expected either.

And I do have an account there, and Albert has was here :-)

You should visit the Museum one day, there are lots of nice things to be seen

Have a nice day

Yves

irisheyes:
Hi Yves,

I did see that 4 door volumetrico all right. For some reason, prices in Europe for 131's of any persuasion seem to struggle whereas over here and the UK, prices seem to be stronger. Unfortunately, every early Italian in the UK has succumbed to the ravages to rot. Although did you see that original UK 1600 super panorama in ebay? jeez, that was lovely and original.

I ended up going down (or basically being dragged down) this volumetrico route after coming across the one for sale a few days ago. I sent info to Albert and he replied and hinted that his may be for sale.

I also came across the museum site where all the cars are listed and saw their 131 Volumetrico. It looks quite nice and original. Do you know what the condition is of that one and the number of KM's ? Also would you know what they'd consider selling it for?

Might as well try and complete the exercise at this stage.

Thanks again,

Rich :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version