Author Topic: Just found a 59 abarth zagato car  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Dishmans2

• 695 cc
Just found a 59 abarth zagato car
« on: January 01, 2014, 09:23:24 pm »
I just came across a 1959 abarth zagato here in USA been off the road for over 40yrs. It's all aluminum body has a little roll bar behind and looks to factory installed safety belt hooks under the seat. It's all there. In one car I got a little clear bubble plastic piece come to find out its the headlight cover so I have it now trying to figure out the worth it's a project but complete with solex carb and all the correct seats and interior. I don't want to over pay for because I will be reselling if I buy it as I can't afford to restore it. Thanks and feel free to email me. Bryce
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:24:28 pm by Dishmans2 »

Offline slim4936

• 1800 cc
Re: Just found a 59 abarth zagato car
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 11:36:43 am »
Hi,
I am by no means an expert on this subject but I did remember reading something online a few years back about this very situation. The following text is from the now defunct Scuderia Topolino website forum.
 "I get a lot of questions from people all over the world as to what a good price is for a resto-project, and of course there no easy answer. I will say that as a general guideline, if you take what the value of the car will be when you are finished and take 25-33% of that, then this will be a good ballpark number. Of course if the car has load of pedigree and race history, then the price will be higher. As an example, wonderfully restored ex-Roosevelt Bialbero team car sold in Monterey for over $300,000 dollars. I remember when this car was bought prior to restoration, and the price paid was right in line with my "guideline". At the moment I have a very nice Allemano Coupe for sale on my website. The car is complete with the drivetrain, all glass, upholstery, seats, door trims, instruments etc and the asking price is USD$25K. Considering that a restored example recently sold for US$71,000, again the formula seems to work."

Hope this helps.
Great find, I'm jealous!
Cheers,
Toby

Offline Vincent

• 1800 cc
Re: Just found a 59 abarth zagato car
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 05:21:22 pm »
Zagato made a few models so, maybe you can post a picture so it is clear what Zagato model this thread is about.

Kind regards, Vincent.

Digital2