Author Topic: where does this front grill belong to?  (Read 4030 times)

Offline Alfons1972

• 1800 cc
  • 500, 600
where does this front grill belong to?
« on: June 17, 2013, 03:30:26 pm »
Hello,
I have a question again:
I have a very special Emblem of which I do not know, where it belongs to. Can you tell me, from what car it came originally or for what car it was made? look below on the orange grill...

now I found a similar front grill at andronico. this is helpful to know what was written on it. look here: http://www.abarth-andronico.com/abarth/masch_20.jpg [nofollow]

Thanks a lot,
Alfons
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 03:31:16 pm by Alfons1972 »
I'm looking for original Abarth parts for my Fiat 500 and Fiat 600 (want to build a derivazione 750).

please email me, if you want to sale... Thank you!

Offline viotti600

• 2000 cc
Re: where does this front grill belong to?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:51:40 am »
I have a very special Emblem of which I do not know, where it belongs to. Can you tell me, from what car it came originally or for what car it was made?

This grille is an aftermarket item, not an actual Abarth-made part for an Abarth car. It was made for the Fiat 600D/E based cars that were sold in some countries as the "Fiat 750". Sort of a dress-up item to make a plain car look a little more...well, "special". ;)

If you look closely at both of these grilles, you'll notice that the Abarth shield on the left side isn't even a real "emblem" at all, but rather just a decal (usually cut unevenly around the borders).

Though it looks similar to the Abarth OT850/OT1000 Sedan front grille, it's obviously not for that series of cars because their engines are larger than the 750cc indicated on this aftermarket grille.

Jeff Stich
Norco, CA, USA

Digital2