abarth cars - community > 1000 tc , radiale , replika

600 front spindle/suspension

(1/1)

young_dennis:
Hi, everyone

Im about to start a build on a 1000 TC rep once I pick up the car from the seller.

As the standard "upgrade"parts are not readily available in this part of the world, what other front spindles can be used so I can adapt my own disc brake setup? I know you can still get refurbished 850 ? ones, but my concern is that they would be pretty old and be more prone to failure? Why has no one looked into using something from a later model car? Is the reason to be original or is it the it messes up the original alignment specs? Are the leaf spring conversion kits pretty much the same between the brands/copy brands?

Any advice would be welcome..

biketesting:
The 850 brakes are completely amazing, especially when used with 124 brakes in the back. Eastern europe is a great source of really cheap 850 parts. 124 parts as well. This combination works extremely well.

You need Greg Schmidts FAT (Fiat and Abarth Tricks) which I have noticed is easy to down load these days.

Greg explains many of the questions you will be having in building a 1000TC and where to get cheap stuff etc.

young_dennis:

--- Quote from: biketesting on July 26, 2012, 12:59:42 am ---The 850 brakes are completely amazing, especially when used with 124 brakes in the back. Eastern europe is a great source of really cheap 850 parts. 124 parts as well. This combination works extremely well.

You need Greg Schmidts FAT (Fiat and Abarth Tricks) which I have noticed is easy to down load these days.

Greg explains many of the questions you will be having in building a 1000TC and where to get cheap stuff etc.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply...I have down loaded it but did not quite find everything I was after.
thinking of mid mounting a bigger engine but not many similar conversions have been done so a little bit shy untill I really figure out the best way to tackle it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version