Author Topic: Simca Abarth 1150SS Corsa specifications.  (Read 14187 times)

Offline Nappe1

• 695 cc
Simca Abarth 1150SS Corsa specifications.
« on: November 10, 2011, 03:04:56 pm »
Hello,
I am part of the team making this rare beast to GT LEGENDS PC Simulator and my responsibility area is physics related to car performance.

As this thing has very special gearbox (6 speed was rare in the sixties in any car.) it would be great help to find out the gear ratios as well as the crown wheel and pinion used in final drive.

Abarth tuned engines are known to be very high revving, so I expect this to be no exception. I have already seen in pictures (which are extremely good, thanks for posting them) that rpm tacho has no redline and goes up to 8000. The 6 speed gearbox would also indicate that the power band (from max torque to max power) is very short, but what are the exact figures for torque, power and in which rpm those are reached?

How about weight? how much car weights with or without fluids? it seems to be really rear heavy , maybe even more than Renault 8... how much of the weight actually is on rear wheels?

I am very grateful if you can share these, or have place from where the look for the info. Looking info for this needs a lot of work.

It's really shame that no one in Finland understood for what purpose SS Corsa was really made of. They tried to use it as ice racing car, but for the tires of the sixties, you can imagine FWD Minis eating it  alive on such slippery surface as ice. Neither the engine was designed to have low end torque needed in such racing and lots of time was lost for extensive gear switching.

yours,
Lasse 'Nappe1' Kärkkäinen.

Offline Kimberlle

• 695 cc
    • Abercrombie sale
Re: Simca Abarth 1150SS Corsa specifications.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 04:35:02 am »
I am very grateful if you can share these, or have place from where the look for the info. Looking info for this needs a lot of work.

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 04:18:52 pm »
have a look
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline Nappe1

• 695 cc
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 04:41:57 pm »
have a look

wow, excelent information.
Thank you very much.  :)

I will post some pictures / video soon about the car in game.

Digital2