Author Topic: unknown ABARTH emblem/badge  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Alfons1972

• 1800 cc
  • 500, 600
unknown ABARTH emblem/badge
« on: June 16, 2011, 09:36:25 pm »
Hello friends,

today I got a new part: a front wing for a 595/695 Abarth. As far as I know it seems to be original.
What is interesting, is the emblem/badge that is mounted: is is made of steel and is very detailled. Has anybody seen such badges?
Or did someone have too much time?
That emblem/badge is fitted to the wing with two bolds, like the original one...

What is most important: I like it! ;-)

how can I find out, wheter that front wing is an original Abarth part?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:38:33 pm by Alfons1972 »
I'm looking for original Abarth parts for my Fiat 500 and Fiat 600 (want to build a derivazione 750).

please email me, if you want to sale... Thank you!

Offline viotti600

• 2000 cc
Re: unknown ABARTH emblem/badge
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 09:24:01 am »
today I got a new part: a front wing for a 595/695 Abarth. As far as I know it seems to be original.
What is interesting, is the emblem/badge that is mounted: is is made of steel and is very detailled. Has anybody seen such badges?
Or did someone have too much time?

The badge itself does not look original to me, but a rather poor copy. The lettering at the top is very crudely done & isn't the correct size or font as original. The sections of the scorpion's body are not proportioned correctly, the legs are way too short & the "feet" are about where the knee joints would normally be located. The claws are rendered in the "Series 1" style, but the body is drawn like the "Series 2" type Abarth scorpion. (see photos below)

Jeff Stich
Norco, CA, USA

Offline Alfons1972

• 1800 cc
  • 500, 600
Re: unknown ABARTH emblem/badge
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 05:41:18 pm »
oh yes, Jeff...
I also am sure that it isn't original. You have to know, the letters and the outer shape are made out of wire...
Surely many years ago on dark winter evenings someone was sitting in his garage and bending flower wire to that piece of art... ;-)

Does someone know how i can identify an original front wing of an 595/695  (I mean not the badge)?
I'm looking for original Abarth parts for my Fiat 500 and Fiat 600 (want to build a derivazione 750).

please email me, if you want to sale... Thank you!

Digital2