Author Topic: fiat 2300 S Coupe ( Abarth ????? one of the 4 ?????)  (Read 8450 times)

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
fiat 2300 S Coupe ( Abarth ????? one of the 4 ?????)
« on: November 16, 2010, 08:54:24 am »
the  very rare car is for sale in USA (California)Ita  rare that car have 3 Weberset up and Campagnolo wheels .Mayby some readers now more of this car.Sure its red and need rebuild and some parts are missing but can be found .More info  about this car ? send a mail to   christine tiballi <c_tiballi@yahoo.com>
The where  3 Rallycars and one record car,mayby it one of this 4 .I dont now but have the right bids on .
KOCH KLASSIK (germany) ask for one 2300 S Abarth  250000 euro
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 05:32:52 pm by guy moerenhout »
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline tim bowser

• 695 cc
Re: fiat 2300 S Coupe ( Abarth ????? one of the 4 ?????)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 07:23:43 am »
Guy, sorry for just replying to this thread now, but I just found the post earlier today (about six years after you made the post). 

The car in question was my father's.  I had helped him do some restoration work on the car.  We sold the car to Christy Tiballi who was having Rocket Motors do the finishing restoration work on the car. 

My father bought the car in Southern California and the car was ex-Al Cosentino and prior to Al Cosentino's ownership of the car, the car was supposedly owned by Carlo Abarth's daughter.  The car was originally fitted with the 15x5.5 inch Campagnolo Electron magnesium wheels.  The sump on the car is not original to the car.  The original sump was the standard Fiat 2300S sump.  The ABARTH script sump was from a second car that my father owned.  Also, the second car I believe was a very special car that had a polished crank shaft, con-rods, rocker arms, etc., where the car pictured was more standard 2300S internally.  Also, the second car had a displacement difference bringing the motor up to 2400CC +/- a little bit.  Not the same as the standard Abarth tuned 2300S car. 

IMPORTANT.  Both cars had DCOE 38 dual Webers.  The triple weber 40DCOE set up on the car pictured was fabricated for us by Tom of British Imports in Riverside, California.  Tom supposedly was a mechanic for Al Cosentino back in his youth. 

Here is the website of the now defunct Rocket Motors:  newbielink:http://jeffreylove.com/rocketmotors/65_fiat_2300s_01.html [nonactive]

In the description, Jeffery of Rocket Motors mentions the two cars.  I hope to god he didn't get rid of the second car as I always believed that this was some form of special project/possible race car when comparing it to the "standard" Fiat 2300S Ghia Abarth. 

My father only sold the car as he was afraid he couldn't complete the bodywork to a level it needed.  The car's engine was completely rebuilt, balanced, blueprinted, magnafluxed, the head was gas flowed and ported prior to fitting the triple manifold and Webers for us.  What is seen in the photos shown here is a shame as the car was a runner and an EXTREMELY powerful runner that only needed bodywork, paint, ball joints, and interior reassembly to be completed.  Boosters and booster tanks had been rebuild, the Girling brakes and calipers had been rebuilt.  The magnesium Campy Electrons needed to be straightened and recoated on the order of $1,200.00 USD about 15 years ago. 

The car's factory original paint was a nice dark blue with a red vinyl interior, all complete.  The red color in the photos is a respray obviously and unfortunately it looks to have been done in a poor way.  From the photos, the cast exhaust header is missing and it makes me sad to think that the cylinders of this amazing car were left open to the elements like this. 

I'm not sure if you will respond to this post since this post is so old, but if you have any information regarding what has become of the car, please let me know.  tmbowser@asu.edu

Digital2