Author Topic: 131 Racing Borg Warner diff and LS diff advice  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Shaun C

• 695 cc
131 Racing Borg Warner diff and LS diff advice
« on: September 15, 2010, 11:19:05 am »
Hi all

I have a Fiat 131 Racing race car here in South Africa, which was a homologation special when it was built here.  In period, the race cars ran Borg Warner LS diffs from Ford Cortina TF’s and Interceptors, but sadly the original diff in my car is long gone.  I'm currently running a standard Borg Warner diff which has been locked up, but investigating options for an LS.  I noticed on Berni Motori's website for example, there are two different LS diffs available for the 131 Rallye and Racing, but I'm not sure how those overseas models would correspond to mine and whether that LS unit would be a simple bolt in kit for my diff?  Do I have any other options?  I've also looked at Gripper in the UK but they don't seem to have anything, at least not on their standard list.  Guy, do you have any suggestions?  I would like to explore my options before making a decision.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Shaun

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
Re: 131 Racing Borg Warner diff and LS diff advice
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 09:11:47 am »
place first a photo from your rear axle that is now under your car.With the 131 Rally you can do nothing.With the racing you need a diff that opens on rear.
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Digital2