Author Topic: Looking for a 750 Zagato  (Read 5180 times)

Offline Tyler

• 695 cc
Looking for a 750 Zagato
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:42:57 pm »
Hello, I have recently begun my search for a 750 Zagato or Record Monza and have found Guy's site to be an amazing resource.  Before I get too deep in the process, I would greatly appreciate any buyer's advice from current or past owners, or those knowledgeable of the Zagato or similar Fiat Abarth models.

Also, I've found four available on the web so far and would appreciate any information known about these cars so I can get a flavor for the due diligence that will be required.

newbielink:http://www.mmc-paris.com/uk/collection-car/ [nonactive]
newbielink:http://www.mo-vendi.de/fahrzeuge/342/index.htm [nonactive]
newbielink:http://home.automobile.it/homepage/veicoli-bestservicesrl.html [nonactive]
newbielink:http://home.mobile.de/home/fahrzeuge-stadelmann-frechen.html [nonactive]

I realize that I have much to learn about these interesting cars.

Many thanks in advance,
Tyler

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 06:35:30 pm by Tyler »

Offline Marcus

• 1300 cc
Re: Looking for a 750 Zagato
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 01:47:06 pm »
Tyler
These are really beautiful cars in the metal. The prices seem to be rising but I guess thats the case with all rare classics now.
The last car sold was the Silver one at Bonhams on 6th June $92000.

I bought a double bubble about 5 years ago as a good restoration project, it had been painted but was in bits with an original interior and a motor in pieces.

We have had to strip all the paint off and the filler and detach it from the chassis.
The paint was hiding a lot of repair work as the car had been raced in its early life as have many double bubbles.
The early repair jobs were poor and in places some filler was nearly 2cm thick!

The alumimium body reacts with the steel chassis and causes corrosion so quite  lot of the lower panels have been repaired.
You can get replacement chassis and many parts are shared with the Fiat 600 so basic parts are relatively easy to get.
bodywork has to hand fabricated to the actual car, they were all slightly diffrent being hand built back in the day.

If you have the resources probably best to buy a car which has been correctly restored as it will eat money and time otherwise prepare yourself for a long restoration.
Marcus

Offline abarth80

• 1000 cc
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 01:04:23 pm »
Tyler

Send me email  at mark@abarth.ca

I may be able to help you out

Cheers

Mark

Offline Martin Borch

• 695 cc
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 10:05:43 am »
Hi Tyler .

I did have a Abarth Zagato 750 ( Double Boble ) I did bought it for about 8 years in the USA, and took it whit me when I was going back to Europa. The car is in parts for restorasion but all parts are there, it got 2 engine one some was restore in usa for 10.000 us.
Maybe this car is something you are looking for ?. I can send you some picture if you want.

Regards
Martin Borch
Copenhagen. Denmark

Offline Paul vander Heyden

• 2000 cc
    • Scuderia Topolino
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 02:23:06 am »
Tyler,

The best advice that I can give you is to purchase the best that you can afford.  Look at the details such as instrumentation.  On the list of four cars at least one has the wrong instruments.  One looks like it has reproduction instruments.  One appears to have a 750 motor, but one other one has either an 850 or 1050 motor, along with it's dual down-draft carburetor.  This combination never came on the DB.

Probably the most expensive part is a Mille Miglia crankshaft.  The DB was manufactured prior to the introduction of the 600D and should therefore have a 600 block and a 600 gearbox, with the parking brake on the gearbox.

I would be pleased to help you out.  I have a DB on my website at the moment, as well as a 1000GT with very good history. 

Paul Vanderheijden
www.scuderiatopolino.com

Offline simca2000

• 695 cc
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 06:53:24 pm »
HI I have a RHD (the only one built for a SA Farmer) 750GT Sestriere that Guy is restoring for me
I am willing to sell the car as other commitments force sale. Chassis is perfectly restored Body is now being done
Price as it is now is £25,000 Please speak to Guy regarding the car
Regards Simon

Offline fiat guy

• 695 cc
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 10:35:45 pm »
i have a 1959 750 abarth doubble bubble for sale, need total resto.let me know .

Digital2