Author Topic: Did Abarth tub the rear aches of the Abarth 595SS Assetto Corsa or other?  (Read 4195 times)

Offline hudsonhenry

• 695 cc
Hi

I wonder if you can help me, I am trying to find out if Abarth cut off (tubbed) the front and rear arches of the 595SS Assetto Corsa when they fitted wide arches at the factory. I have seen many pictures of the 595SS with red bolt on arch extensions but I can't see if the original arches have been cut off.

Also the Abarth brochure pictures of the 695SS Assetto Corsa has wider wheel arches, what material were they made of and were the original arches cut off or left in place underneath the extensions? Were these modifications homologated?

Any help would be much appreciated. We have much freedom in the UK with car modification, but making a modification by cutting a monocoque bodyshell could lead to the car having to go through an IVA test and loosing its original registration number. The authorities have in the past turned a blind eye to these modifications but are now getting much tougher. If these modifications were done originally in the factory and homologated then its there is a much better case when building a replica.

Many thanks

Nigel

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
Re: Did Abarth tub the rear aches of the Abarth 595SS Assetto Corsa or other?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 10:19:39 am »
hallo,you have to change small place for all extentions your body.For the last version you have to made your bodywing flatter and ad the wingextentions over it.When you place original dix brake your wheels comes min 3 cm outside your old body
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline hudsonhenry

• 695 cc
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 10:42:15 am »
Guy

Thanks for the reply, the most important things I am trying to find out is how Abarth did this at the factory, did they actually cut the old arch, was this modification to the bodyshell homologated and are copies of the homologation papers for this modification available?

I have attached a picture of the shell I am working on.

Thanks

Nigel

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 10:53:11 am »
have a look in your mailbox.Homologation papers inside :595 ,695SS and 695SS last version
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline hudsonhenry

• 695 cc
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 12:15:40 am »
Guy

Thanks very much for the homologation papers, it is much appreciated. I will have to get an Italian speaker to translate them, with my limited Italian I can't see any reference to modified arches or bodywork which I find quite strange as pretty much everything else you can think of that deviates from a standard 500 is there.

Nigel

Digital2