Author Topic: Bialbero Chain Wheels and Chain  (Read 2826 times)

Offline Paul vander Heyden

• 2000 cc
    • Scuderia Topolino
Bialbero Chain Wheels and Chain
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:38:53 am »
For some time I have been working on remaking all of the Abarth Bialbero (750/1000) overhead cam drive components.  This includes all of the chain wheels (Aux. shaft drive sprocket, tensioner sprocket, idler sprocket, and cam sprocket), the series 1 and series 2 auxiliary shafts (in place of a standard camshaft), the hardened, collared cam sprocket pins and pin retaining washers.

The auxiliary shafts, cam sprocket pins, and retaining washers are all made from SAE 4340 steel and heat treated.  All of the chain sprockets are made from SAE 8620 steel and case hardened.

Finally I have managed to source new REGINA brand chain for both the primary drive (crank to auxiliary shaft) and for secondary chain (that drives the overhead cams).

About 90% of the work is now done.  The final part (cutting the teeth and having the sprockets heat treated) is taking place now.

I expect that the final work will be done in 3-4 weeks.  I do not have a final price yet, as this will depend on the teeth cutting and on the final heat treatment costs.  I will put another notice here when they are available and costs are known.

Regards,
Paul
Scuderia Topolino

Digital2