Author Topic: Book about Fiat 128  (Read 17427 times)

fpanarotto

Book about Fiat 128
« on: June 12, 2004, 10:50:52 pm »
Hello, I want to ask to Mr Cosentino the permission to use one photo of him taken from his book "Faza X1/9 Strada 128 Race World" for my new book about Racing Fiat 128.

Thanks
Francesco Panarotto
Arcugnano (VI)
ITALY
fpanarotto@libero.it[/b]

Offline Paul vander Heyden

• 2000 cc
    • Scuderia Topolino
Contacting Mr. Cosentino
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 06:06:14 pm »
You can contact Mr. Cosentino direct as follows.

US + 1 818 707-2301 - telephone
faza.abarth@sbcglobal.net

I will warn you that Mr. Cosentino is now an old man and he has a tendency to stray off the subject and indulge in some unexpected verbal diversions.  Keep him on track and perhaps you will achieve your objective.

Paul vander Heyden
Scuderia Topolino
www.scuderiatopolino.com

Eric

Re: Book about Fiat 128
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 11:23:10 pm »
Al has ALWAYS strayed from the mark! If he's had enough of his breakfast "glop" he hopefully won't bite your head off!
I can't believe that old fahrt is still breathing...

E.

Paul Heyden

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 02:55:34 am »
Hi,

Al could be a likeable fellow if he would only admit that he is not the only person with intellect and talent.

Again,  good luck in speaking with him.

It seems that his tirades against all humanity have gotten him kicked off Ebay as well.

Kind regards,

Paul vander Heyden

Offline naegeli

• 2000 cc
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 09:38:06 pm »
just a little message to the person that can not believe that al is still breathing!!

hey, what gives you the right to be so rude ??  i have been talking to al around christmas and he was absolutely nice and quite clear, there was a little delay on some rims he had shipped to switzerland for my OTR... he sent me presents (a few books...) as apology for the mistake when he shipped the good.

i look forward to travel there and meet him.

Eric

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 06:01:39 pm »
Try working for the b*st*rd sometime!
I would LOVE to hear from you AFTER you have met him in person!
Have a pleasant day!

Offline naegeli

• 2000 cc
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 09:47:27 pm »
ok eric, seems that you had a really unpleasant experience with al...

nice week

peter

Offline naegeli

• 2000 cc
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 05:19:55 pm »
hello,
just saw your book at autodromo di monza this saturday...
here is the link for those who want to order.

nice job

peter

http://www.libreriadellautomobile.it/ViewBook.asp?IDBook=7381

Offline Abarthissimo

• 695 cc
Fiat 128 race prepare
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 01:33:40 am »
Hi! I´m preparing a Fiat 128 1100cc for racing! I dont know the diameters I must use in the valve heads for the admission and exhaust. Can you Help me?? I´m planning to use de Weber 40DCOE and the standart crank, use de ritmo 1.3 or the uno turbo i.e Rods, high compression pistons, probably the standart cam or a fastroad cam! If you know any book were I can find this information!

Best regards
Abarthissimo

Offline braca23

• 1300 cc
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 02:53:22 pm »
I supose this is good place where I cuold hit this question.

Well I need information about procedure which one must go through, when he want to use some photo from some source. If someone could tell me something about that, I would apreciate that.

I am  asking because I'd like to write book on similar theme in recent period.

Kind Regards
BRACA

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 09:29:49 pm »
cOSENTINO BOOK  IS ONE OF THE BEST : x 1/9 _STRADA_128 RACE WORLD REAIR MANUEL   and PBS book about X1/9
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline braca23

• 1300 cc
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 01:25:49 pm »
It is misunderstood.

I am actualy asking about using some fotos or drawings from other books. I am not tryng to write better book than mentioned one.

Regards

• 2000 cc
    • Scuderia Topolino
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 01:40:24 am »
I am not an expert on intellectual property and trade marks, however I would guess as long as you attribute the photos to the owner I cannot see it as a problem.

In my technical writings I many times use information from other sources, always being careful to disclose the nature of the source of the information.

For Eric - I have dealt with Al Cosentino over the years going back to the 60s and 70s.  Rightly so, Al should be proud of his accomplishments, and they are many.  It is unfortunate that much of his literary talent is diluted by unnecessary personal tirades against people whom he thinks have some kind of ill will toward him, be it real or imaginary.  I believe there is little respect to be gained by speaking ill of others.    I so support the view that if you cannot say something nice about someone, then say nothing at all. 

Offline viotti600

• 2000 cc
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 08:51:35 am »
It seems that his tirades against all humanity have gotten him kicked off Ebay as well.

Ah, yes. Good old loveable Al Cosentino on eBay: 

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=abarthcloud9world

Sing all the praises about him that you want - I would NEVER deal with him again, that's for sure.

-JS.
Jeff Stich
Norco, CA, USA

Offline viotti600

• 2000 cc
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 09:09:03 am »
just a little message to the person that can not believe that al is still breathing!!
hey, what gives you the right to be so rude ??  i have been talking to al around christmas and he was absolutely nice and quite clear, there was a little delay on some rims he had shipped to switzerland for my OTR... he sent me presents (a few books...) as apology for the mistake when he shipped the good.
i look forward to travel there and meet him.

Naegeli: Obviously you have never had the "pleasure" of dealing with the "other" side of Al Cosentino as many folks have. He may be all nice & sweet to you over the phone/email/etc., but until you've actually dealt with him in person a number of times & seen what he is REALLY like behind the "Mr.-Everything-Abarth" fascade that he tries so hard to maintain, I don't think you have ANY right to criticize those speaking against him.

(And yes, I also speak from personal experiences with Al)

Eric, you are spot-on. ;)

-JS.
Jeff Stich
Norco, CA, USA

Offline viotti600

• 2000 cc
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 09:31:16 am »
I supose this is good place where I cuold hit this question.

Well I need information about procedure which one must go through, when he want to use some photo from some source. If someone could tell me something about that, I would apreciate that.

I am asking because I'd like to write book on similar theme in recent period.

Kind Regards
BRACA

Hi Francesco,

I've had your Fiat 128 book since it first came out awhile ago, and have enjoyed it ever since. Great work! I've shared it with a few friends, & now one of them is even thinking of buying/racing a 128 Coupe. :)

I think I would agree with what Paul wrote, that as long as you give proper credit due to the original author/photographer of the photos (name, photo source, book, etc.), it should be ok (you haven't stolen the photos, nor are you claiming them as your own).

You may want to spend a day at your local library researching photo copyright issues, there should be a lot of good info to be found. Or, if there are any photography studios nearby, visit them and ask how they handle issues such as this.

Worst case scenario would be that you actually do have to contact Mr. Cosentino via the telephone number or email address previously stated above by Paul, and he would say "yes" or "no".

Either way, I look forward to your next book! :)

Cheers,
-JS.

Jeff Stich
Norco, CA, USA

• 2000 cc
    • Scuderia Topolino
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 12:05:24 pm »
Viotti600

I think you misunderstood me regarding Mr. Cosentino.  Yes, I have dealt with him, unsuccessfully in a number of cases.   I was eventually successful in getting my money back.  I understand the "game", and know how to play it, just as well as Al.

Beyond this, taking my own advice, I cannot be bothered to expend the energy to say anything more.

Regards to all (including Al if he reads this)

Paul Vanderheijden

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 12:40:26 pm »
hallo Paul,the found Al C.two month ago on highway complet away and his is in hospital from that time
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline viotti600

• 2000 cc
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 08:08:18 pm »
Viotti600

I think you misunderstood me regarding Mr. Cosentino.  Yes, I have dealt with him, unsuccessfully in a number of cases.   I was eventually successful in getting my money back.  I understand the "game", and know how to play it, just as well as Al.

Beyond this, taking my own advice, I cannot be bothered to expend the energy to say anything more.

Understood. I often feel the same way. ;)

-JS.
Jeff Stich
Norco, CA, USA

Digital2