Author Topic: New member: Christos from Athens Greece - just bought Fiat 124 spider  (Read 4068 times)

Offline christos_s

• 1000 cc
Hello to all members,
This looks like an informed and infomative site.  Very nice, thank you for hosting.
I just bought a 1973 spider (1592cc) and I am considering some modest performance improvements to keep the car as a street car with easy maintenance.

All parts on this car engine are stock 1973 block, cyl.head, valves, manifolds and carburetor.  All that I have verified with tables of period serial numbers.

I have read many articles on carburetor and intake swaps for noticeable improvement.  My car carries stock WEBER 28/36 DHSA 3 and the manifold should be accordingly a dual plane type (though I have not removed the carb to check yet.

I have located new Weber nos 34 DMS carb and a new intake manifold for the Fiat 132 2000cc (part no 4407483). Is this manifold right for the carburetor?

From what I have read a good manual operated secondary such as the DMS is improvement over the DHSA vacuum type.  Further more there is obviously more engine aspiration.  And a single carburetor is easy to maintain , I dont think I want the fuss of dual IDF carbs

Would someone please help me decide.  Will these carburetor 34DMS and 132 intake manifold,  fit my engine (132.AC.040.3)?

Thanks for reading, more thanks for reply

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
Re: New member: Christos from Athens Greece - just bought Fiat 124 spider
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:07:03 pm »
It will fit ,iff it better ?you have to tray it but for me yes
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline christos_s

• 1000 cc
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 11:22:39 pm »
Thank you Guy.  This manifold (from Fiat 132) has a single large opening? single plane?  I have also found one available from a Fiat 125 with one long opening but I think the pipes are thinner, so I think the one from the Fiat 132 will be better.

PS.  I am the same greek guy asking you about the street type hardtop for the spider.

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 08:48:21 am »
ok,125 is for the smaller Solex carburator

Offline christos_s

• 1000 cc
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 04:15:53 pm »
Guy one last point to clear please, the 132 2000cc intake manifold has one larger oval opening at the carburetor base?

Do you have any news from your friend with the street (pininfarina) hardtop?

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 04:23:46 pm »
yes ;it have and no ,not yet

Digital2