Author Topic: Looking for a Abarth mudflap please  (Read 1902 times)

Offline nastro

• 695 cc
Looking for a Abarth mudflap please
« on: January 18, 2009, 01:25:37 pm »
Hi,

I am new to the forum and hoping that one of you Abarth folks can help me with what may seem a slightly unusual request.

I am currently restoring a Series 2 1963 Lambretta and I have taken the inspiration for my paint scheme from the Abarth rally cars of the early-mid 1970s.

I have painted it blue and yellow and applied period decals and racing numbers.

In order to add a few nice finishing touches I am looking for an original or remade mudflap similar to the type that Abarth actually made for scooters and motorcycles preferably in blue and white vertical stripes with the Abarth scorpion logo on.I have only seen one that was for sale in Italy but unfortunately it was sold by the time I found it.

If anyone has one for sale or anything similar with either Abarth or Scorpion logo on I would be willing to pay the going price.I understand that someone may have a pair for sale and not wish to split them up in which case I would be happy to buy both as I will be restoring another Lambretta next year with a similar theme in mind.

Thanks to anyone who can either supply or point me in the right direction and I would be pleased to supply you with a photograph of the finished scooter in due course for an official Abarth nod of approval !!!!

My e mail address is david.gregory28@btopenworld.com

Digital2