Author Topic: OT2000 Rear Suspension and FIA Homologation papers question  (Read 19864 times)

Offline keithwwalker

• 1300 cc
I am wondering about a couple of things on the FIAT Abarth OT2000.

First of all, I have seen only 2 photos of the rear suspension (2 coil over shocks per wheel):

Does anyone have any more information?  Geometry or mounting points?  Is that an Abarth or Fiat transmission in the photo?

If there are FIA homologation papers, would they have anymore information?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 11:21:02 am by keithwwalker »

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
Re: OT2000 Rear Suspension and FIA Homologation papers question
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 09:54:39 pm »
the are no  homologation papers from and this is a 1600 our 2OOO OT berline not coupe .Suspenion was different ?More TCR type
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline trevor

• 1800 cc
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 06:36:50 am »
Keith,

OT2000 Coupe and Berlina rear suspension contents seem a bit obscure to me.

I see you accessed the pdf on "Docteur 850 and Mister OT 2000" posted on this forum on Dec 23rd, 2005. The pdf contains photos of an OT1600/2000 double shock rear suspension, using Fiat 850 trailing arms for coupe and berlina with views from above and below; essentially one coil-over shock in the standard Fiat 850 position behind the trailing arm, and one shock concentrically within  the standard Fiat 850 coil spring location.

The pdf also contains a photo of a different rear suspension:  - a tubular trailing arm/cast hub/twin coil-over shock rear suspension in a berlina. This is the same photo as contained in an article in Japanese "Car" magazine, issue # 192, June 1994; article title "Hot Stuff -  1964 Fiat Abarth OT2000 Mostra"

History given in  Al Consentino's   "FAZA / CAR GRAPHIC   Abarth Guide"     published 1984 :-
  - only 4 prototype OT 1600 berlinas made,  in 1964,  photos showing twin (one coil-over,one concentric)shocks with Fiat 850 trailing arm installation
  - one of these OT1600 then dissassembled in December 1964,  and equipped with an Abarth 2000cc motor; description given as "1964 Fiat Abarth OT 2000 Berlina Mostra"
  - this latter car equipped with "a complete rear suspension from the 2000 Abarth Spider.."  installed in January 1965; no illustration provided.

I speculate that the twin coil-over tubular suspension illustrated in the OT2000 Mostra berlina in the 1994 "Car" magazine article, and in the pdf mentioned, is the one described in the Consentino 1984 Abarth Guide description. I have yet to see any suspension geometry data on the tubular suspension, but then I have not researched the 2000 Abarth spider suspension.

I have not seen other than the one coil over/one concentric shock standard trailing arm being attributed to the OT 2000 coupe ("Coupe America").      "Car" magazine issue   #185  of November, 1993  article  "La Casa Di Mostra" describes and illustrates a "Fiat Abarth OT2000 Coupe America" with one of the small photos showing what looks like the one coil-over/one concentric shock arrangement.

Hope this helps.        Trevor

Offline Pantdino

• 2000 cc
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 12:35:34 am »
Trevor and Keithwwalker,

I have photos I took underneath Leo Aumuller's OT2000 America showing the front and rear suspensions pretty well.
If you would like to see them, let me know. 

Trevor, if your email address in the Member Profile section is correct, I can send the photos there.  keithwwalker, you'll have to send me a personal message with your email address.

Leo does not want photos of his cars posted on public forums, so I can't post there here.

Jim Oddie

Offline vetlenorge

• 1300 cc
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 11:32:11 am »
Hi Jim

If possible I'd like to have the photos of the 2000 America - my adress is svetleli@online.no.

Best regards
Sveinung Lie
Norway

Trevor and Keithwwalker,

I have photos I took underneath Leo Aumuller's OT2000 America showing the front and rear suspensions pretty well.
If you would like to see them, let me know. 

Trevor, if your email address in the Member Profile section is correct, I can send the photos there.  keithwwalker, you'll have to send me a personal message with your email address.

Leo does not want photos of his cars posted on public forums, so I can't post there here.

Jim Oddie

Offline rraspa

• 1800 cc
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 06:59:50 am »
Hi
I live in Australia and building a replica fiat 850 ot 2000 coupe america.

Can someone send me the photos of the suspension that is mentioned in this forum.

Any other photos or details to keep it as authentic as possible would be great.

RR

Offline Pantdino

• 2000 cc
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 04:23:04 am »
Hi
I live in Australia and building a replica fiat 850 ot 2000 coupe america.

Can someone send me the photos of the suspension that is mentioned in this forum.

Any other photos or details to keep it as authentic as possible would be great.

RR

send me a PM with your email address and I'll try to send them to you this week. 

Jim

Offline Sebastian86

• 695 cc
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 12:16:03 pm »
Hello friends!
My name is Sebastian. I live in Poland, and I have two 850's. One is going to be fully restored to original, the other is in bad shape (especially body, floor, fenders, roof) and I'm collecting data and photos to build replica of abarth ot 2000 on this base. Can anyone send me some materials? I'm very interested in rear suspension, gearbox and mounting, rear wheel hubs, cooling system and many more mysterious Abarth's improvements. I would be very grateful for any help!

Regards,
sc

Digital2