Author Topic: Suggestions for photo documentation  (Read 10535 times)

Offline Pantdino

• 2000 cc
Suggestions for photo documentation
« on: June 07, 2008, 07:25:26 pm »
Hello, everyone,

I'm putting this post in this section because it seems to be the most active at the moment, but it involves many other types of cars.

I plan to visit the Aumüller collection again in July and document each of his cars with photos.
My thinking is that I should have a plan for the shots of each car so I don't forget any views I should have.
How does this sound?

Front from L (quarter view)
Front from R
rear from L (when possible-- many cars are backed up against a wall)
rear from R
engine from behind (when possible)
engine from L
engine from R
chassis / motor number plate closeup
trunk /gas tank from L
trunk     "      "     from R
dashboard in front of driver
driver's area
driver's seat
passenger's area

That's 14 photos per car.

Any other views that would be important?

Offline slim4936

• 1800 cc
Re: Suggestions for photo documentation
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 08:45:48 am »
Since you're asking.....
                  I'm always keen to see under the cars.eg what type of leaf spring?reversed or std eye?tcr upper shock mounts,sway bars and mounts,rear axle limiters,etc,etc.

Under the front hood would also be good.

I know the cars aren't yours and you can't muck around too much, but i think we all will appreciate anything!

Cheers,
Toby.

Offline Simca Abatth1300

• 695 cc
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 07:37:59 pm »
rear view mirror and sun visors ,

headliner and the material its made of

inside door handles and door panels

tailight lenses and who made them

headlights, what maker  and any marking  markings on chrome rings

I guess thats  some of the detail items...

Tom

Offline sorpasso1300

• 1800 cc
    • Abarth Argentina
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 11:47:16 pm »
That could be perfect, Jim. Please, when you publish them, please, publish them in veeeery big size!!!!!!!.
Thank you for your efforts.
Omar (Argentina)
www.abarthargentina.com.ar [nofollow]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 11:48:45 pm by sorpasso1300 »

Offline Pantdino

• 2000 cc
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 06:55:06 am »
If anyone has any specific photos they want of a specific type of car, let me know and I'll try to get them
Leo has so many cars that doing 50 photos of each car is not possible in the time I will have

Jim

Offline slim4936

• 1800 cc
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 01:53:12 am »
Okay,
I need good pics of TCR front upper shock mounts and front sway bar attachments ( if possible )

Cheers,
Toby.

Offline zippyfiat

• 2000 cc
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 06:55:18 pm »
Hi Jim, I'd also like to take you up on your offer.  Thanks for posting the photo of the red car with plate no. Z68924 MI.  That photo is the current background on my computer.

That early type of radiator shroud and setup is exactly what I am trying to copy.  I have not found any info. yet on it anywhere.  I have a fiberglass shroud that I bought from Guy and a radiator from him which is not correct (actually a BMW oil cooler!).  I also have an original Abarth radiator that goes under the car.  I would very much appreciate it if you could take photos of this car, or any other cars, with as many angles as you can to pick up the various details.

I'd like to know if the shroud was metal or fiberglass.  Looking at a few photos, it looks like they may have been metal.  I would like to know how the various parts were mounted (shroud, rad., etc.)  Some info./detail on the alloy vertical and horizontal strips on the face of the shroud would be very helpful (and how it was attached).  Did the hoses go under the car or through the front nose.  Perhaps not possible, but some undercar shots would help to see how the piping was routed and attached.  In your travels, if you happen to find a source for any of these parts, do let me know.

Any photos of an 850TC nurburgring circa 1962 would be nice.  If you could get one nice engine shot with good detail in it, that would be great.  I'd also use it for the background on my PC!  If you come across a car with the taller Abarth rad. (in rear) that hangs down more than the stock one, a photo of the special Abarth belly pan would be nice.  Above and below if possible.

In general, photos of the front and rear wheel arches (fenders) as modified by Abarth would be helpful, especially on the earlier cars (600 based ones).  I seem to have seen so many variations of them in photos and in person, especially on the front.  Some may have been done later by the owners to get more tire clearance?

In addition to the above, if you come across a 1300/124, photos of one would be great.  In particular, various angles of the engine compartment.  Also the steering wheel.

Thanks,
Gil

Offline Pantdino

• 2000 cc
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 05:43:43 am »
I have printed out your post and will take it along with me.
I don't recall seeing a 1300/124 in his collection, although he has a 1000 OTR (and OTSS or OTS)

Jim

Offline grt

• 1800 cc
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 06:20:35 am »
Jim

Great offer!  I'd like to know the chassis number (s) of Leo's OTR(s).  Margit Aumueller sent me some pictures of the engine bay their red OTR.  A white OTR is also pictured on the Aumueller website (Galleria Italia).  This is the same picture that was used in an old Aumueller calendar and on the front of Abarth Corsa Deutschland's Profilo (newsletter) #1/83.  If this car is not in the Aumueller collection, where is it and who is the owner?

Thanks for the help

Graeme

Offline -Matt-

• 1000 cc
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 10:32:28 am »
I'd also be interested in the front rad plumbing of the 600 based models.

I have some webspace you could use to host if you need it

Offline Pantdino

• 2000 cc
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 11:53:00 pm »
rear view mirror and sun visors ,

headliner and the material its made of

inside door handles and door panels

tailight lenses and who made them

headlights, what maker  and any marking  markings on chrome rings

I guess thats  some of the detail items...

Tom

Tom, what model car do you want this information on?
I only have some photos of the door panels of some of the cars really, but I can send you what I have.

Jim

Offline Pantdino

• 2000 cc
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 12:00:39 am »
I am back from Europe and will have some time to send photos to those who have specific requests soon.

For security reasons, Leo does not want a posting of a large number of photos on this or any other internet site,

If you have specific questions regarding the details of a certain type of car, as some of you have posted already, I can send those photos to you via email.

I will need your email address, so if it  is not  in your personal profile for the forum please send me a Personal Message with it.

Jim

Offline Pantdino

• 2000 cc
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 12:14:28 am »
Okay,
I need good pics of TCR front upper shock mounts and front sway bar attachments ( if possible )

Cheers,
Toby.

Toby, I have a couple of good shots of the upper front shock mounts on a 1000TC racer, but I need your email address.

Jim

Offline Pantdino

• 2000 cc
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 12:30:47 am »
Since you're asking.....
                  I'm always keen to see under the cars.eg what type of leaf spring?reversed or std eye?tcr upper shock mounts,sway bars and mounts,rear axle limiters,etc,etc.

Under the front hood would also be good.

I know the cars aren't yours and you can't muck around too much, but i think we all will appreciate anything!

Cheers,
Toby.

Since Graeme has already revealed that Leo has a 1000 OTR, I guess there's no harm in my posting a photo of the front suspension. Looks like a special, heavy leaf spring with non-reversed eyes.

Jim

Offline slim4936

• 1800 cc
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 04:40:09 am »
Hi Jim,

Please send to tj_sj@hotmail.com

Cheers, Toby.

Offline naegeli

• 2000 cc
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 02:41:43 pm »