Author Topic: simca abarth,info wanted!!!!! can you help ?  (Read 1764 times)

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
simca abarth,info wanted!!!!! can you help ?
« on: March 20, 2008, 09:09:05 am »
Hi Guy:

Greetings from Canada, the snowbound area of the north. That's pretty much all we Canadians can talk about these days, besides waiting in expectation so that we can get down to racing in the spring!  Yes, I didn't have any photos of Simca Abarths and I thought I would throw that shot in. Thanks for identifying it by the way.

I have been asked by David Seilestad the Ferrari Club of America historian to see if I can dredge up any information on a rare Simca Abarth. The car was owned by William McKelvy and he ran at the September 28th 1963 edition of the Canadian GP. These were the days before Canada received permission to run an F1 GP. The race ran for over and under two litre sports cars. If you know of someone who might know the answer to my question, I would appreciate making contact with him or her.

Simca Abarths were rare birds in Canada. I cannot remember in all my years of going to Mosport or Harewood Acres ever seeing one. I liked them and thought they were really great cars. I have no photos of them at all.

I am attaching a photo of an Abarth on a rally in Canada. As you can see the driver is in trouble.  I think this photo was taken during one of the Trans Canada rallies Shell sponsored in the mid-1960s.

Cheers,

John W.
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Digital2