Author Topic: GEARBOX ALTERNATIVES??????  (Read 3338 times)

Offline quinto1000tc

• 1000 cc
GEARBOX ALTERNATIVES??????
« on: May 05, 2012, 09:27:37 pm »
Hello

I am about to finish my car, and i am running a highend A112 engine turbocharged and fuel injected (aiming for 150-170hp). However i am looking for gearbox alternatives... I know all the ones available for a112 engines but none of them are meant for such power, or habe too short gearratios avaiable. but with this kind of HP i was looking more for something like VW, Porsche, or subaru with centre diff locked. 

My main question is of anybody here knows a gearbox that be  suitable for a fiat 600.. I dont see any problems with connecting gearbox to engine,,, however my main concern is size.. Since i barely have space between to two chassis beams to fit the gearbox, and length is also limted..... Preferably i would want to have a 5 speed for highway driving... I have searched till the end of internet lol but can find any size specs of transaxles.... So i hope that anybody on this forum knows of alternatives or at least of people that might know.

Thank you.

Regards Quinten

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
Re: GEARBOX ALTERNATIVES??????
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 03:17:30 pm »
go for the porsche 911 serie 1 gearbox .  Go inside and easy to fit .PBS in USA fit also in here  allemano car with the PBS engine
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline quinto1000tc

• 1000 cc
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 11:29:24 pm »
Thank you for the fast response.

Do you have any other info on this swap... Or do you have contact details of anybody who has done this modification?   What about the engine direction? A112 has clockwise direction what about porsche?

Thank you

Regards Quinten

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 08:08:01 am »
also clockwise and even easy to change
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline biketesting

• 1800 cc
  • Steamboat Colorado 1992
    • Biketesting
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 01:05:57 am »
I made a 600 box into a close ratio box. It worked great. That Porsche box is nice but not cheap, and not legal for racing in my club.
What can I test for you?

Digital2