Author Topic: 1000 Monomille For Restoration  (Read 3976 times)

Offline FritzPasadena

• 1300 cc
1000 Monomille For Restoration
« on: January 16, 2008, 07:18:09 pm »
Interesting project car for sale on Anamera.com with Classicon in Hamburg.

Now I might have got my wires crossed but I thought the Monomille variants were (as their name would suggest) single cam/pushrod 1000cc cars. The fact this is being advertised as a Monomille Bialbero seems odd therefore.

Here's the description:

"prototype car - small series (1 of 28 built): monomille bialbero for restoration - not complete, some parts missing like brakes, cylinder head and gas tank - 2 sets of alloy rims, including original 5.5" MILLE MIGLIA wheels - rollbar"

Link: http://www.anamera.com/en/detail/car/17847/index.html?no_cache=1&tx_anamerashowroom_pi1%5Bpointer%5D=-1&tx_anamerashowroom_pi1%5BFILTER%5D%5Bmake%5D=71&tx_anamerashowroom_pi1%5BRET%5D=63&tx_anamerashowroom_pi1%5BMODE%5D=make [nofollow]

Offline Pantdino

• 2000 cc
Re: 1000 Monomille For Restoration
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 02:29:43 am »
You're right-- the Monomille was the pushrod car.

$60K USD seems pretty steep for what little you get.

Jim

Offline Vincent

• 1800 cc
Re: 1000 Monomille For Restoration
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:43:33 am »
Hello Guys,

Interesting! Agree price is prety steep for what you get. Quite a lot of work must be done to make this a driver again.
If this is a Monomille or a Bialbero is hard to tell. I own a Monomille myself and this is what i know.
The same body with standing headlights are all Monomille, it is basically the same body as a Bialbero.
The differeces are:
-Standing headlights
- upper trim to hold door windows tight aren't there. ( This car does have these )
- Monomille metall script on engine cover

The story that goes: at the factory some Bialbero bodies were left over, then fitted with a Monomille engine and were  also sold as Monomille. So this car can be either a Bialbero or a Monomille, depending on the engine that has been fitted by the factory.
Indication could be the gauges, in a monomille the speedometer goes till 200 and RPM meter till 7000 rpm.
So the gauges indicate this is a Bialbero, but it is not 100% garantee.

Best regards, Vincent, AEW

Digital2