Author Topic: DCD carburetors  (Read 2033 times)

Offline zippyfiat

• 2000 cc
DCD carburetors
« on: November 19, 2007, 04:09:22 pm »
What model of DCD carb is the correct one to use?  A DCD3 or DCD7?  What is the difference?  Is one a 28/36 and the other a 36/36?  Was the DCD3 made in a 28/26?

I see from various photos, that the DCD7 (I think a DCD7) carb has the linkage arm on the carb positioned (it hangs down) so that it pushes to the passenger side of the car.  Later DCD carbs have the linkage arm pointing up, so that the arm pulls to the drivers side.  The stock 600 rocker cover is designed with a linkage arm arranged so that it pulls the linkage arm on the carb to driver's side of the car.  This means that the stock 600 linkage  arrangement on the rocker cover will not work with a DCD3 or DCD7 carb.  What parts do I need to make the DCD3 or DCD7 carb work?

Can someone please post a photo showing a closeup view of the linkage arrangement?  All of the photos I've seen on the internet or in books have the distributor blocking the photo!

Thanks,
Gil

Offline Pantdino

• 2000 cc
Re: DCD carburetors
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 06:36:01 am »
Gil,

My car has a DCD3 and the lever points upward and pulls to the driver's side.
It looks to me that you can position the arm either upward or downward just by undoing the nut holding it, removing it, and installing it the other way. Either way the shaft rotates counterclockwise as you are looking at the carb from the back of the car.  If it points upward it pulls to the drivers side, if downward to the passenger side.

I know with DCNF's the number only means what jets are installed from the factory.

Jim

Digital2