Author Topic: Record Monza Zagato on eBay.it  (Read 5091 times)

Offline FritzPasadena

• 1300 cc
Record Monza Zagato on eBay.it
« on: October 05, 2007, 03:07:19 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone know anything about the Zagato-bodied Record Monza being advertised on Italian eBay?

It has apparently been fully restored but I have been unable to contact the vendor.

I'd really like to get hold of the VIN if possible.

Here's a link: http://cgi.ebay.it/OTHERS-ANDERE-OTHERS-ANDERE-ABARTH-750-ZAGATO_W0QQitemZ110171793972QQihZ001QQcategoryZ16586QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem [nofollow]

Best,

Offline Pantdino

• 2000 cc
Re: Record Monza Zagato on eBay.it
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 07:08:43 am »
Hi, Fritz,

You'll want to get closeups of the chassis and motor numbers and the ID plate.
If you're really interested in the car you should probably get one of the experts in Europe to go look at it-- maybe Tony Berni, as he lives in Italy.

Ask the seller if the windshield is made of glass or plexiglass-- one for sale in Los Angeles a while ago had a plexiglass windsheild, which is probably not road legal in most states.

Jim Oddie

Offline FritzPasadena

• 1300 cc
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 11:43:27 am »
Thanks Jim,

To be honest, I'm not really interested in buying the car - it seems extremely expensive. I'm just trying to gather as much information on Record Monz'a as possible, both Zagato and Corna-bodies variants.

Regarding windscreens, I actually have a spare front screen for a Zagato RM coming on Monday - it'll be interesting to see whether it is indeed glass or plastic.

Offline Paul vander Heyden

• 2000 cc
    • Scuderia Topolino
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 02:34:53 pm »
If you need a front screen (glass), I have a source for them.  $950 USD + shipping.

Regards,

Paul Vanderheijden
pheyden@ ieee.org

Offline FritzPasadena

• 1300 cc
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 08:17:57 am »
I've found out a little more on the car (although no thanks to the eBay vendor who doesn't seem to respond to any questions).

It is chassis number 541508, a pushrod 750 that was reputedly sold at auction by Coys back in October for an amazing 117,000 Euros! Quite why it's back on eBay therefore is something of a mystery...

Offline zippyfiat

• 2000 cc
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 07:02:24 pm »
Why is it that you see a lot of cars for sale like this on ebay in Italy?  The typical listing has a seller with zero feedback;  the description of the car is minimal, vague or non-existent; the photos look like someone simply walked up to the car somewhere; there aren't close up shots of things or under the car; and the seller wants you to email directly?  A listing like this just seems fishy, especially when the seller won't reply to questions.... 

Nice looking car though, except the front hood doesn't look like it fits properly.

Gil

Digital2