Author Topic: Fiat Abarth 1300/124 side decal help...  (Read 7133 times)

Offline dmiphx

• 695 cc
Fiat Abarth 1300/124 side decal help...
« on: July 03, 2007, 11:38:02 pm »
Hello,

We have an original Fiat Abarth 1300/124 that was painted some years ago and the original side decals were not replaced.  We've spent several hours pouring over the various Fiat Abarth publications we own trying to determine scale and size of the decal as well as what color the decal should be.  BTW, I'm talking about the three stripes down each side of the car with the "1300" insignia.

Our problem is (until I found this user group) all we had were black and white photos.  The car is white...so we're wondering what color the decal should be and, if anyone knows, what size should the two thin top and bottom stripe and the thicker middle stripe be?  The interior color of the car is a dark, royal blue.  I'm going to attempt to post a photo here of the car as well...

Thanks in advance for any help...it's GREAT that I found this group!

Steve
in Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Offline trevor

• 1800 cc
Re: Fiat Abarth 1300/124 side decal help...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 12:41:30 am »
Hi Steve, My memory (not infallible) says the first attached photo is one from the time the 1300/124 was first produced. The website I downloaded it from no longer seems to be in existence. The graphics are consistent with the owners manual of the time(from this GMR forum site) but I have no dimensions. Hope thios helps a little.  Cheers   Trevor

Offline zippyfiat

• 2000 cc
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 02:57:53 pm »
Hi Steve, I acquired a 1300/124 recently (needing major restoration) but it does not have the stripes.  What I do kow is that the cars had either white or red exterior colors only.  For a white exterior, the correct stripe color is red, and the interior should be red also (mine is).  I see that Berni Motori has the stripes listed in their catalogue.  Pehaps he (or Judge Parker) might be able to provide any further info. you need.  Maybe someone here can help with the correct positioning of the decal, or do you know?  Oscar R. in Texas or Mahlon Craft in Connecticut might also be able to help.

Gil
(Langley, B.C.)

Offline dmiphx

• 695 cc
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 08:00:32 pm »
Trevor and Gil,

Thank you both for the great information.  Looks like we're going with red striping.  Gil, no, I don't really know what the size/spacing/location of the stripes should be other then trying to scale everything from the pictures we have.

I will pursue some of the resources suggested and see if we can't get as close to original as possible.

Again, thank you both!

Steve

Offline evannice

• 2000 cc
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 05:36:32 pm »
Hi Steve,

My car came with this sketch in a pile of records and literature.  Not sure who made it or how, so I post it for what it's worth.  I too would be very interested to simply purchase correct vinyl decals.  Please post more photos of your car!

Eric in San Diego

Offline trevor

• 1800 cc
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 07:17:17 pm »
Hi Steve,   This is the decal from the catalogue Gil mentioned.  Cheers   Trevor

Offline dmiphx

• 695 cc
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 05:59:56 pm »
Eric,

Thanks for the drawing...I'll post some additional photos of the car as soon as possible.

Trevor,

Thanks for the image...I'm going to see if I can figure out enough Italian to order the catalog from Berni Motori.

Steve

Offline dmiphx

• 695 cc
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 06:01:38 pm »
Oops,

I just figured out that if you click the little U.K. flag on his site everything magically is translated to English.  DOH!!!

Steve

Offline evannice

• 2000 cc
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 06:07:06 am »
Hi Steve,

I ordered these decals from Judge Parker in July and received them this week (last week in December).  So just a data point for you: 5 months and $85.00 got the job done.  Wish I could post pretty photos, but the car is still in body and paint shop.  What's the latest with your car?

Eric, San Diego

Digital2