Author Topic: New Abarth project  (Read 3755 times)

Offline Abarthreplika

• 1300 cc
New Abarth project
« on: April 29, 2007, 12:02:57 pm »

Ready for painting in 2 weeks.....

Max

Offline zippyfiat

• 2000 cc
Re: New Abarth project
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 03:57:51 pm »
Hi Max, I have a few questions...  It looks like the rear fenders have an inner wheel well as part of the fiberglass fender?  I have not seen this before in a photo.  Where did you get them?

How did you form up the front flares?  Is the outer lip folded over at the outer lip?  I had a body shop (customizer) make the Abarth style flares from sheet steel on a 600 I had once.  He used welding rod on the outer lip to get a nice aaappearance.  How did Abarth make the front flares?  I've always wondered if they just slapped on some sheet metal or made something nice?  I thought I saw once that fiberglass ones were made??

How do the rear flares attach?  Cleco fasteners, screws or???  I have a set of the early Abarth rear flares that I might use to get the tire clearance I need, but am not sure about the best way to attach them.  Or, I may get a shop do match them up in sheet metal from replacement fenders.

Gil

Offline Abarthreplika

• 1300 cc
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 08:45:02 pm »

Hi zippy.....

the inner wheel arch is cut away, and a new piece of metale is welded in, the fiberglass rear fenders is from ABARTH pop rivetets on....but i like to  get them quickly off, so i have attached them with aeronautics fasteners.....you can use ordinary fasteners....

Inner rear wheelarch is steel.........

Regarding the front wings, a have 1000 of pictures, not 2 is the same, so i improvissed, and welded them on........I hope it is answers to your quistions......

I will use mine for historic race,- and it was homologated with 8 inch rear wheels, so I had to use the TCR rear flares

Kind Regards
Max

Offline Paul vander Heyden

• 2000 cc
    • Scuderia Topolino
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 02:12:44 am »
Max,

Very nice job of fabrication.  Congratulations !!

If you have a moment, take a look at my site  www. wcuderiatopolino.com.  You may find it interesting.

Regards

Paul

Offline Abarthreplika

• 1300 cc
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 10:20:28 am »

Thank you.....

I know your homepage.....very nice and proffesional

We talked about the front suspension lovering things....dont know if you remember....

The only problem for me, is that it is not easy to import from USA to Denmark....custom and so on...

Kind Regards
Max

Offline Paul vander Heyden

• 2000 cc
    • Scuderia Topolino
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 01:36:57 am »
Max,

I have customers throughout Scandinavia and we have found cost effective methods of getting parts to these customers.

Give us a try next time.

Regards,

Paul Vanderheijden
Scuderia Topolino
USA

Digital2