Author Topic: Handbrake  (Read 2681 times)

Offline ChrisD

• 2000 cc
Handbrake
« on: April 16, 2007, 10:27:50 am »
Hello,

I as many of you I belive have installed Fiat 124 rear diskbrakes. However by doing that the handbrake mounting points are pointing the rear of the car and is hard to install the handbrake cable. I used a longer Fiat 131 (if I remeber correct) cable, but still can't make it to work properly. Is there any kind of solution for this problem? I thought of welding the handbrake attachment points from the stock drums to the 124 mounitng points in a way so that I can use the 600 cable. Or maybe a Hydraylic handbrake convertion would work quite ok. Any suggestions?

Chris
Fiat 600 Abarth

Offline zippyfiat

• 2000 cc
Re: Handbrake
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 04:01:29 pm »
Hi Chris, I saw someone who solved this by using a longer cable(s) that did a 180 degree turn so that the stock 124 and 600 parts work.  I have no idea what cable he used, but perhaps a trip to a junkyard might give you some ideas? 

BTW, I have been driving around with the copy of the book you wanted, and need to find some time to send it off.....

Gil

Offline ChrisD

• 2000 cc
Re: Handbrake
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 08:07:41 am »
Hi Gil,

I did the same trick with the 180 degree turn but it does not works as good as I want. That is why I am thinking of the hydraulic solution or somethig else. I am building a new copper tubing system at the moment so I guess i will check on this problem later.

Chris
Fiat 600 Abarth

Digital2