Author Topic: rollbars and seatbelts  (Read 2108 times)

Offline zippyfiat

• 2000 cc
rollbars and seatbelts
« on: October 30, 2006, 03:13:25 pm »
Can someone please tell me about when Abarth started to install rollbars in the 600 sedan based cars?  Or did they at all have them?  If I install one, will I have to remove the rear seat?  I would like to install one for safety on the street, but I would like to retain the original seat if possible.

Did any of the later 600s,  Zastavas or Seat 600s have shoulder seat belts?  Is it possible to add one to an earlier car?  I am going to be doing body work down to bare metal so I do not mind welding in something for this.  Again, I would like to do this for safety on the street.

Thank you,
Gil

Offline ChrisD

• 2000 cc
Re: rollbars and seatbelts
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 04:33:50 pm »
My 600 had the standard shoulder seat belt. I removed it and installed auto-retracted seat belts from a Fiat 124 with a costom floor mounting base. Worked good, but it did not retreced that whell. Now I have bucket seas with 4point race seat belts and works ok for me.
Sorry, no info about the rollbar....I have the same question for myself, but now days I am thinking of completly removing the rear seat in order to loose weight ;-)
Fiat 600 Abarth

Digital2