abarth cars , our in museum > fiat abarth 2000 OT GMR coupe america

arrive in our place

<< < (3/3)

biketesting:
I have always been curious about this "Abarth only" motor since so few people have even seen one. So it is an alloy block? Not to contradict but I have a very nice Italian book which shows this motor to be cast iron. It also shows 3 main bearings. Twin cams, and the book says the motor was a fiat based 1100 block but thicker special for Abarth. Funny the book also contradicts it self in other areas and I think the author was not an automobile person but mostly reliable for taking notes and writing the story about Carlo. I'll look up the book and take some pictures to show you guys. I'm sure you've seen this book, I think it says "Abarth" on the cover and the book is in Italian. When I saw the 2000 car i figured it has the same motor as the sports 2000? This would make a really fast street car.

Guy I think this car you have looks really great. It would be very expensive to reproduce even as it is. I think there is an Abarth 1300 forsale at Hemmings motor news for 22,000$$us. It looks like a race prepared car. These 1300's are not very common here in the US. I personally have only seen two in the flesh.

I would like to ask you about the rear suspension, is it 850/1300? has it been changed to 2000 spec? Not that the 2 shock system looks like a good one...imagine every time you want to change the ride height or spring rate!

keithwwalker:
Did the OT1300/124 have the stock 850 rear suspension, or the 2 shock/wheel suspension of the OT 2000?  I am trying to find details on the OT2000 rear suspension uprights....

Keith Walker

--- Quote from: biketesting on January 09, 2007, 03:33:55 am ---Not that the 2 shock system looks like a good one...imagine every time you want to change the ride height or spring rate!

--- End quote ---

viotti600:

--- Quote from: keithwwalker on June 27, 2008, 09:36:21 pm ---Did the OT1300/124 have the stock 850 rear suspension, or the 2 shock/wheel suspension of the OT 2000?
--- End quote ---

The 1300/124 Coupe had the standard Fiat 850 rear suspension.

-JS.

viotti600:

--- Quote from: guy moerenhout on January 06, 2007, 12:20:59 pm ---hallo Grant ,this car is like you can read and see is a remake on base off a Fiat Abarth serie 2 1300/124 .

--- End quote ---

If this car was originally a "Fiat Abarth serie 2 1300/124" as you say, why does it have a Series 1 body? ???

-JS.

guy moerenhout:
change  rear part to serie one

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version