Author Topic: Bumpers/ Wind deflector plexi  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Mike Baum

• 1000 cc
Bumpers/ Wind deflector plexi
« on: July 27, 2006, 06:05:30 am »
I would like to put the missing two pieces on my car;
Bumpers: Don't have them and would like to remanufacture them (Stainless). I would need the measurements of the bumpers. Is there anybody out there who either could provide good measures or/ and, due to the roundness of the pieces, draw the outside on a piece of paper to be used as models?

Alternatively, if anybody has a set, let me know :)

Wind deflectors: I have the aluminum pieces, but not the plexi. Any sources in the US how to get thode? Can any plexiglass shop help? Also, anything particular on the measurements?

Thanks much,

Mike - +1.949.338.4591

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
Re: Bumpers/ Wind deflector plexi
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 09:25:29 am »
hallo mike ,use makrolon .This will send easy and wil not crack.Size is +-15mm .There is member on forum that remake this already I have one not so nice set front for sale .There where front and rear
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline Mike Baum

• 1000 cc
Re: Bumpers/ Wind deflector plexi
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 02:40:32 am »
Hi Guy,

Thanks much for the advice. I assume makrolon is some type of plastic?

You said front and rear. I do have the trim pieces for the wind deflectors on the front but not sure if I have the back? How would they look like and where would they go?

I have to admit though that I have two spare parets that look like wind deflector channels but they are more square in nature and so far, Ihave no idea where they would go. Maybe thsoe are the ones you are talking about?

Thanks much for any help,

Mike

Digital2