Author Topic: Copilot seat position in 131 ABARTH  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Fred-san

• 695 cc
Copilot seat position in 131 ABARTH
« on: July 13, 2006, 11:15:28 am »
Hi everybody, i'm Fred, i'm french and i'm making some research in my memory regarding one point

forgive me in advance if i'm not in the rigth section but if i cannot find the answer to my question here, i really don't know where to find!!

it seems to me that it has been tested during the life of the official 131 ABARTH car in rally world championship some special position of the copilot seat. this seat has been fixed in the center of the car behind the driver. Anybody can confirm me this point and if anybody get picture of it, it will be great!!

thanks all in advance

Offline guy moerenhout

• Administrator
  • 3000 cc
    • www.abarth-gmr.be
Re: Copilot seat position in 131 ABARTH
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 12:05:35 pm »
yes ,this is correct .But the Fia didend allow this and I think that the where driving only one time like this.I have some where a photo but didend find it sorry
______abarth  gmr-team ______
___http://www.abarth-gmr.be ___

Offline cormonov

• 1800 cc
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 04:23:30 am »
Hello
I´m looked  in my bank of photos and I have found be this that expect of its interest

Offline Fred-san

• 695 cc
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 11:34:54 am »
Thanks a lot guys

so fast answer, i feel better now, my memory is still working properly (more or less depends of the days) anyway thanks again.

This is a very strange particularity i believe, the target was the repartition of the weight i suppose.
In case of lateral crash it's also very good protection for the co pilot but at that time i don't think it was the main goal of this innovation

Digital2