Author Topic: Finally bought a double bubble - Need advice/ parts  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Mike Baum

• 1000 cc
Finally bought a double bubble - Need advice/ parts
« on: February 05, 2006, 05:45:13 am »
Hi all,

I am new to this forum but have just bought an Abarth 750 in SoCal (Where I live). Car is white with blue interior, 850 engine in fairly good (Body) to excellent (all mechanics rebuilt)shape and will be delivered mid-next week.

I am looking to get smarter on these cars. ANybody close to have a chat?

Also looking for a couple of parts:
(1) The metal (Aluminum?) channel stris and the plastic inside that go around the top side/ roof of the side windows, obvioulsy to help aerodynamics (No idea what they are called for. Zagato put these things on almost all their cars in this period)
(2) A set of bumpers and mounting (Does anybody make repros of those?)

Anyway, feel free to give me a call to chat in the US at +1.949.338.4591.

Mike

Offline lescol

• 1300 cc
Re: Finally bought a double bubble - Need advice/ parts
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 06:49:08 pm »
Nice to know that someone else is mad enough to get involved with one of these cars. I acquired mine last December from USA it's been a racing car - roll cage, no interior, lots of spare parts including a rebuilt 903cc Abarth engine only just bedded in. I'm intending to continue the racing tradition so it suits me. Sorry I cannot be any closer as I am in UK. Good luck with your purchase keep me posted with tips etc.

Regards

Neil Ritchie

Offline Pantdino

• 2000 cc
Re: Finally bought a double bubble - Need advice/ parts
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 06:57:55 am »
Mike,

I'm in Cerritos, near Long Beach, but I don't know much about 750's beyond what's in Braden's book.. 

However, Merkel Weiss runs the Southern California Fiat Club and has several Abarths.  He mentioned he used to have a double bubble and may still.  I'm sure he won't mind my giving you his number, but I guess I should call you directly rather than putting it on this board.

In fact this Saturday they're having a canyon drive near Sunland, which is in the northern San Fernando valley.  They plan to leave his house about 10:30 as I recall and return there for lunch.    I plan to go along and am looking forward to seeing his Abarths and Moretti Sportiva. 

If you want to go I could fax you the info page from his newletter, which has the directions to his house.

Jim Oddie.

Digital2