Author Topic: AEW - Members Input Photos  (Read 5755 times)

Offline webchef reKupnet

• Erwin (reKupnet) O'
  • 2000 cc
  • free-lance cyBer-reKup-eXpert
    • www.Auto-Moto.Link
AEW - Members Input Photos
« on: January 04, 2006, 07:04:08 pm »
Hi all,

Thought I'd share a few more member's photos with you, as a few more member contributors have checked in.  Bruce Livingstone from New Zealand sent several shots, including this one, of some racing action with his 1000 from Pukekohe Race Track ( I assume in New Zealand) in 1964 or 1965.  He still has this car.  That's 41 years!!  Anyone owned the same Abarth longer than Bruce?

Let's see....the Abarth is buried among Hillman Minx, Ford Consul, Ford Anglia, Austin A40, Mini 1000, Sunbeam Rapier...nice bunch.  I think the list is close, but I'm getting old.

Also, Dr. Court Whitlock sent some shots of his Abarth 207A, Chassis number 001.  I've included one below.  Court also sent by mail a VHS tape of Colorado Region SCCA racing footage from the 1955 to 1957 time period.  I can't wait to see this!

Photo taken in 2004 at Amelia Island.  I got  in touch with Fred Puhn (who owned 207A number 010) by phone this week.  Fred still has lots of stuff to send us, but his car was sold last year to someone Fred doesn't know.  Anyone know where Fred's 207A is?  You can't miss it.  The color is well...you tell me?  I hope you have 32 bit color on your monitors.

Paris Photo

207A ex Fred Puhn at Monterey.  Fred says he'll join AEW soon.

And then there is this photo from member Angi Romano of Switzerland submitted from a trip to the Silver Flag this year.  Angi sent a boatload of photos.  Thanks Angi.

So that's it for now.  Have a great weekend and keep sending those photos.  Remember to add whatever you know about the photos you send.

And if you haven't joined yet, or owe me something you've promised, find a few minutes and do it.  Thanks.

All the best,
Greg
http://www.aewsite.com/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 07:07:56 pm by webchef »
____abarth gmr-team_____www.Auto-Moto.Link_____

Offline elads

• 695 cc
Re: AEW - Members Input Photos
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 12:14:54 am »
Hi all,

Thought I'd share a few more member's photos with you, as a few more member contributors have checked in.  Bruce Livingstone from New Zealand sent several shots, including this one, of some racing action with his 1000 from Pukekohe Race Track ( I assume in New Zealand) in 1964 or 1965.  He still has this car.  That's 41 years!!  Anyone owned the same Abarth longer than Bruce?

Let's see....the Abarth is buried among Hillman Minx, Ford Consul, Ford Anglia, Austin A40, Mini 1000, Sunbeam Rapier...nice bunch.  I think the list is close, but I'm getting old.

Also, Dr. Court Whitlock sent some shots of his Abarth 207A, Chassis number 001.  I've included one below.  Court also sent by mail a VHS tape of Colorado Region SCCA racing footage from the 1955 to 1957 time period.  I can't wait to see this!

Photo taken in 2004 at Amelia Island.  I got  in touch with Fred Puhn (who owned 207A number 010) by phone this week.  Fred still has lots of stuff to send us, but his car was sold last year to someone Fred doesn't know.  Anyone know where Fred's 207A is?  You can't miss it.  The color is well...you tell me?  I hope you have 32 bit color on your monitors.

Paris Photo

207A ex Fred Puhn at Monterey.  Fred says he'll join AEW soon.

And then there is this photo from member Angi Romano of Switzerland submitted from a trip to the Silver Flag this year.  Angi sent a boatload of photos.  Thanks Angi.

So that's it for now.  Have a great weekend and keep sending those photos.  Remember to add whatever you know about the photos you send.

And if you haven't joined yet, or owe me something you've promised, find a few minutes and do it.  Thanks.

All the best,
Greg
newbielink:http://www.aewsite.com/ [nonactive]

hi
just bought the fred puhn car last week, bringing it to the US after it had spent 5 yrs in taly.

elad

Digital2